Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!



Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Hope everyone is having a safe and relaxing weekend.
I made one last marker video, and there is a suprise at the end!
The music is by Keiko Takamura and the Shebangs. Keiko was nice enough to give me permission to use her music in the video. If you'd like to hear more, please checkout keikotakamuraandtheshebangs.bandcamp.com
There is an official music video for this song too! Grayscale video

So Billie is done and in the can. A can of marvelous magical mystery meat. Figuring out some exclusives for people who preorder directly from Immedium, and also will be doing some readings. 2011 is going to be busy and exciting!!



I'm heading to Comiket in Tokyo this Tuesday, and will be gone for awhile. I made some sketchbooks to take with me to treade with friends. There will also be much photo taking!
Enjoy the last week of 2010 everybody!


8 comments:

dannydrawsdoodles said...

OMG! If you have any of those sketchbooks left after Comiket can please buy one?

yawn said...

The Billie in the snow picture, is the coolest! and Merry Christmas.

Paul Adam said...

Wow. Great work and I think that's the best art demo video I've seen to date!

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Danny- At the moment, I'm not planning to print anymore of those. But I am planning on having a sketchbook this summer. The ones I'm taking to Comiket were printed one by one, and are a little expensive. I hope you don't mind waiting, and thank you for you interest! :)

Yawn- They are definitely cool, since they are having a snowball fight! :P

Paul- Thanks! Making videos is fun, but hopefully the next one will have a story.

Ciara said...

Oh my gosh, I love Keiko Takamura and the shebangs-I actually got introduced to it my shanalogic.com a while back. Grayscale is definitely my favorite of their songs, but they're all awesome. I'm glad to finally see another Keiko fan. : )

MLHay said...

Wow. Thank you for calling these taters. That is hysterical.

I absolutely LOVE these videos (story or no). I think watching artists work is one of the most helpful things for improving my own drawing.

The one thing that boggles my mind: what is all this flipping and light boxing?! The video is particularly hard to tell because it moves so fast...but it seems like there is a lot of penciling cartoons over, different pages for different characters, some backwards, some on the reverse side....I'm so confused...But I want to understand! So if you could enlighten this tater I would be very grateful.

One tater to a potato,
Sheli

david said...

whoa that's realy cool and did you animate that gif? billie the unicorn is the coolest.

amulet88 said...

Request for Blog owner. Thank you so much. <3 News updates before anyone else. Click.
คอหวย | คนบ้าหวย