Monday, August 18, 2008

Nothing to show here but us chickens.

Ummmm....been really busy. On stuff. Or something. I got interviewed though, by Mr. Jason Anders. Since he was nice enough to take the time, you can read my rambling nonsensical answers HERE. He's interviewed alot of other artists, and they are all a good read. They show a good example of the variety of artists working in fine art and animation today.

Here is a photo my friend Vyv took one night while visiting. I hate photos of myself, but she is pretty handy with the camera.


Here is a drawing I did on my friend Val's Cintiq, right after her kitchen cupboard attacked her. Luckily her fiance` comforted her. In-n-Out 'cause the colors looked like mustard and catsup, but she said it looks like the Flash. Whatever. Google is great for finding logos.


Sorry there are no chickens in this post. Or naked farm girls. You people are sick!! Stop abusing search engines!! Your punishment is squeaky river otters!

9 comments:

LFW said...

awwwwww, thats hilarious how they go quiet all at the same time.

I have no idea why people would be immediately searching for naked farm-girls right after visiting here though, weird.

cheers

-LFW

Carrie said...

You interview really well... I'm impressed! :) A lot of great information... and you were really honest. I totally enjoyed reading that!

In 2001, while finishing up at CalArts, knowing full well 2D was almost completely dead at Disney... we watched the "behind the scenes of animation at the Disney Studios" on, I think it was Spirited Away DVD. One of the voice talents was standing in front of the animation department in Burbank saying some dribble about "Here at the Disney Studios, where the magic happens... blah blah blah, let's go inside TV family!"

We joked about how once inside cubicles were being dismantled, former employees were carrying out animation desks and all-the-while, our friendly host was giving us a "behind the scenes look at the wonder of Walt's dream" or whatever, with inspiring music playing the whole time. I love marketing.

I worked at an animation studio for 3 minutes... when I left... I got an animation desk. So, it's true! Take what you can! ;)

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Yeah! 2001-02 was the poop for 2D! I guess when Warner's was moving out of Sherman Oaks onto the Ranch a year or so back, they gave the artists the option to buy their desks for cheap. I wish I was working there at the time, those desks are NICE!!
It's great to see some of the studios trying out traditional animation again.

William Bradford said...

I'm from a farm and I've never heard that reference....

Baby otters are cute.

burgerlog said...

looks like val has a turd on her head! haha!

craigp said...

^_^

can't wait to get your sketchbook from stuartngbooks next paycheck!

that otter video should be playing everywhere all the time and the world would be a much much happier place.

Jeffrey said...

Ohnoes, you fool, now they know your secret identity!

You have some mad interview skills Brianne! I wish Art Center had an animation course, I love animation so much! I'm trying to learn 2D myself from John K's blog in my spare time. Can you recommend any books?

jynxkat said...

i totally stole that video for myself

Rogelio T. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.