Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Grape Babies


There is a fundraiser for Soren Rogers at Monkey House Toys in Silver Lake, CA this Saturday night!
Soren is a little boy who has had to deal with many seizures in his life so far, and his family needs some help getting a very expensive wheelchair lift on their van. The fundraiser is this Saturday, Jan. 19th, from 5-9pm. There is going to be a ton of amazing artwork, food, drinks, so if you are in the area, please stop by! Also, if you'd like to contribute to the fund, but can't make it to town, you can donate at Soren's website.


Here is my late piece down below. It's small and colored on brown fancy recycled paper which makes it look weird. Scary Grape babies getting a bedtime story. It was drawn outside of a coffee shop. So it smells like caffiene, car exhaust, and marker fumes. Don't ya want to buy it?



A few weeks ago a couple of my friends got the "Gunbuster vs Diebuster" dvds. We had a geeky drawing party and ate beard papas. They started out as bad sketches, and then the markers took over, like a horrible virus. Look at the disgusting Nicola head, floating in space for no reason. Everyone has really long monkey arms. Barf.

Speaking of horrible viruses, I saw "I am Legend". It would be cool to be a zombie.
Barf.
1/22/08
I found some Gunbuster videos.
Here is the trailer for "Gunbuster vs Diebuster".
This is an amv someone made with "Gunbuster 2", it's spoiler heavy, so don't watch it if you don't like being spoiled.

10 comments:

Chris Battle said...

mmmmm... smells like Burbank!

Jeffrey said...

I want to watch "I Am Legend"!

Also nice grape lady. I thought you used color pencils. What brand of marker you like?

PotatoFarmGirl said...

I use Tria and Prismacolor markers. There is some colerase pencil and white gel pen in there too.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of horrible viruses, I saw "I am Legend". It would be cool to be a zombie.
Barf.


I Am Legend is a zombie movie? I thought it was a mutated human/beast type of thing.

Valerie said...

diebutaaaahhhhh!!!! you can't sing in comments, but i tried. tried so hard.

yay uniforms based off volleyball. (I will never understand those leg ties.

Anonymous said...

Great cause. Wish I could be there! I will check out the site.

Do love your grape baby... perhaps somewhat disturbing, but hey, cute!

Unknown said...

Been taking a break for a while, love all these wonderful artworks!! AWESOME!! U ROCK!

Oliver Akuin said...

love the grape babies!!

i just saw you at islands! yay!!!

Jay D Smith said...

Is there anything new in the gunbuster vs diebuster movie?

I'm not convinced its worth buying if its just a feature length clipshow.

j.

PotatoFarmGirl said...

I think if you are a really hardcore fan, maybe get it. The set comes with figures of Nono and Noriko, and there is about five minutes of extra animation in Gunbuster 2, but it's mostly just the group on the ship talking about friendship and picking on Nono.