Wednesday, October 24, 2007

"Almost Halloweenie" or "Orange U Glad U Can Fly?"


Yay! It's almost time for Halloween!
Boo! Everything is on fire and the sky is dirty!

To get in the mood for Halloween, there are two creepy art shows this weekend.
The Lisa Frank reject is for a show at the "It's a Grind" coffee shop in Diamond Bar this Saturday. 'Cause beatnik zombies like their brains caffeinated.


The other art show is in Culver City, Oct. 26th, at the"Wonderful World Art Gallery".
Artsy sisters Miss Mindy and CJ Metzger will have stuffs there, and there are supposed to be some original "Nightmare Before Christmas" storyboards on display there too.

I am going to miss both shows, I am too sleepy and I'm going to see a "Cirque De Soliel" show for the first time this weekend. YAY!
_______________________________________________________
There is a Pooetry Contest over at Burgerlog. If you want to win an exclusive one of a kind Anna Poo, you have until Oct. 31st to submit pooetry. I am a pooetry judge, since I know alot about shit.
----------------------------------------------------------------

It is a busy week, but super fun. Animating, coloring, turning stuff, playing with fancy shmancy computers, eating frozen yogurt! It's even better working on stuff with friends! Woot! And I have family visiting!
Secret link! A coworker sent this to me.

18 comments:

Jeffrey said...

Glad to hear things are looking up for you, I've been to Cirque De Soleil once when I was a kid. I remember I kept hoping that the creepy acrobats wouldn't come over to my seat.

A very nice halloweeny picture!

Lauren said...

I used to love Lisa Frank! Those colors that would make me convulse as an adult, I couldn't get enough of as a child.

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Lauren- I have a little book somewhere with my collection of 80's stickers. I need to bring it to LA for reference. Does anyone remember the clothing line for girls called "Spumoni"? It was really similar and disturbing. I think they had bunnies eating ice cream and stuff.

Chris Battle said...

I sure hope you don't get fined for violating the Children's Internet Privacy Protection Act like Lisa Frank. (According to the Wiki link) Remember, kids-- if Auntie Brianne asks you to come to her house and play Wii, tell your parents!!!

LFW said...

oh RAD! This is an awsome picture, I can only imagine how thin and smooth looking those lines are, the sign of a true artiste

I hope to be able to draw as good as that one day

cheers to you

your fan

-LFW

Percy Bysshe said...

Mind blasting witch piece... and that viking below is real cool - cue 'Ride of the Valkyries' Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit... and it's got me seriously thinking about getting hygiene - I just noticed that I have india ink caked under my fingernails - how long has that been there? There's gotta be a way to get that out....hmkrc!

Zorilita - Mary Bellamy said...

Very nice Halloween pic! Yeah I remember Lisa Frank. Everyone used to have those folders back when we were in grade school. From the look of her new characters it looks like she's trying to capture some of the bratz fame.

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Battle- Wiki has all the dirt. Although alot of stuff on Wikipedia is wrong or just rumors. There was some stuff that went down at Gainax the past year too that's linked on Wiki.

burgerlog said...

that haloweenie girl is cute! I hope you have fun at KOOOOZZZA!

Jay D Smith said...

i likes!!!!

j.

Hesbell said...

wooooooowww!!! that first one is so adorable!

Unknown said...

Hey Brianne! thank you for typing about our art fart nighty... speaking of farts, I'll put on my thinking cap for some "poo-etry"-
ahhh..... have a nice smelly weekend cute jeans-
:)love mindy

Ken said...

I dig the flying girl witch with pussy cats. Nice colours!

Unknown said...

>__> I swear I didn't light the fires when I was in Malibu the day before. Really.

Love the witchie-poo and thank you again for the dork stoke at CN AND for the Moogle! He is in the mail now (I couldnt take all my loot back in my suitcase!) but will have an esteemed spot next to my favorite Breezie Pony on my desk!

Now you and Cleo have to get your lazy arses up here and visit. Stat.

<3

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE your coloringz Brianne! So cool.

Dan said...

vry nice. happy halloween!

Lauren said...

Spumoni! I had ice skating bears, some kittens playing with yarn I think, and my sister had teddy bears at a drive in. I always envied her shirt more.

Ryan Green said...

Your illustration is excellent, but I'm still waiting to see those photos of you dressed as Golly! Quit hiding the goods, Brianne!