Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Return from the Land of Monsters

....or the land of busy Bree.



Sorry, haven't been around last few weeks. Currently catching up with old email this week. Been SUPER busy with work, freelance, and stuff that can't be posted. Have come to the conclusion that I can't really go more than a couple of days without sleep like in college. Stomach flu has been going around at work, haven't caught it yet, but had a nasty cold, and sneezed all over alot of people, Skippy, and guinea pigs.
So the last couple of days of free time I was trying to draw monsters. Somehow it turned into a group of people living in a land of monsters, and apparantly there is some sort of drama. And a little monster with a backwards baseball cap. I guess doodling isn't much different than a kid playing with their toys making up stories. Ahiru/Duck (girl with the reddish braid) is from "Princess Tutu". I drew her first 'cause I was seeing if I could draw her on model, but her hands are jacked up,her head is way too big, and her legs need to be straighter. Almost just drew over her, but it was too fun coloring everything. Ramble ramble ramble...

Back to monsters...


A bunch of my friends have had babies recently. Congrats on the newest baby boy! Another friend's baby is turning one this weekend, congrats to you too baby. Make sure to drink lots of milk with those edible crayons.
All of the babies I know are cute and happy. They are not greasy babies. The greasy babies were drawn during a phone conversation with a friend, and the topic was "everyone is having a baby!".


Hey, this is what my computer has been doing to me lately. Is it a graphic card problem? Everything else works fine, and it's not like this all the time. It goes away after twenty minutes or so. Poor Dell is five years old. I have been cheating on him with my manly Cintiq at work. Poor guy.

________________________________________________
Things that are going on:
Fusion Junction 2 art show at Robocon in Chinatown, LA this Saturday.
New kids book out. I might be working with the publisher on something, if I don't screw it up. <:P

20 comments:

Lazesummerstone said...

ooh all these intriguing secret things in the works! I can't wait to see what comes outta your brain!
I've been testing the limits of my ability to stay awake recently to get things done for various deadlines- and yeah I have to agree, that I too have lost the ability to stay awake. What is it that let us do that in the old days?

Alexei Martins said...

OH MY GOD!!! What a Beautiful drawings!!! I'm in love here!!!:D

Cheers!

Rogelio T. said...

Nice Monster sketches!
Greasy baby looks like he's in pain but not quite aware of it yet.
Sunburnt too.

Your computer problems.
My guess (and this stuff can only ever be a guess) but it's a logical guess is that it's most likely the graphics card.

If you want to find out...
I don't know if you've ever changed a card on your computer before but if you have and know how to do it correctly (which is really important).
Take out the graphics card and install it again. This probably won't fix anything (like 99% probability) but it could, so it's worth trying.
If it still has the problem then:
If you or any of your close friends has a spare old working graphics card see if you can borrow it for a while and switch the cards.
If the problem goes away it was the card, get a new one. If it doesn't it's something else.
If you don't know how to do any of this I'm sure you know someone that does and they could very easily do it for you.
If you took it to a good repair place this is the same thing they'd do.

Good luck with your book.

Blake Himsl Hunter said...

cool....can't beat a day of drawing monsters!

Caro said...

yay, someone else who loves princess tutu! i love your version!

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Jake- It's nothing that exciting. I'm trying to be like you and focus, but luckily I don't have to do hundreds of manga pages in a month. I guess we are old. :(
Rogelio-Thanks. What a hassle, but it sounds like it's worth getting it fixed.
Caro-Yay! "For those who accept their fate, happiness. For those who defy it, glory."

Chris Battle said...

New Brianne art is always a good mid-day pick-me-up. Love the top doodle blast!

jynxkat said...

he's turning two! gaaa
:)
oh- i also got those leopard spots on my arm fixed- gonna get the upper arm done next month.
tattoos are itchy >_<

William Bradford said...

I was wonderring where I saw that girl before. That was definitely one of the more enjoyable animes I saw. She was actually a really endearing character, what with her nervous quack and everything. Great stuff.

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Battle- Yay! I have Go! Team tickets!!
Monica-Doh!! Time flies much too fast.
Mr.Elephantmarch-I like dopey characters. She makes some funny faces in that show. Too bad I didn't draw that instead.

Lauren said...

So much loveliness. My favorite is the girl above the sleeping lady but below the bambi/fly hybrid. My sister had a baby recently too. She is not greasy. But she does have old man male pattern baldness hair.

chrisallison said...

Haha, so much goodness in hat page of baby doodles.

LFW said...

The land of Monsters is truly and amazing place. I know they are only doodles, but the are so wonderful (monster with his cap on backwards is just hilarious).

I love these drawings Miz Drouhard.

cheers to you

your fan

-LFW

PS Where's that stuff you were going to send me?@!?!

Marlo said...

Beautiful work, as always!

Biocreep said...

Greasy baby is hilarious! Nice work as always!

Sarah Satrun said...

great sketches! i esp. love the babies! ^.^

Meesimo said...

Awesome page from ze land of Monsters...tho Greasy baby is making me giggle like a baboon.

wolfboy said...

Oh my God; that baby is so great!

Ridd Sorensen said...

these are great!

Rogelio T. said...

Poor greasy baby, everybody deserves a couple of grease free years.
Luckily for most parents their kids don't turn real greasy 'til puberty.
It's Ok though because teenagers aren't cute anymore and at that age nobody want to have anything to do with them anyways, so they might as well be greasy just so they'll avoid each other.
The greasy-ness will be just one more thing they try to blame you for.